If you’re ready to change your body and health, you must be ready to make some changes in your routines. After all, you’ll only see new results if you try something new in your daily activities. Below are some suggestions to get you mentally and physically ready to create real transformation.
- Set Goals: It is so important to set concrete, realistic, and actionable goals for yourself. Do you want to lose a specific amount of weight? Do you want to go down to a certain clothing size? Are you looking to add a specific amount of muscle? Ask yourself WHY you want those goals. Being clear on where you want to go, and why you want to get there makes it so much easier to succeed.
- Visualize Your Success: Picture yourself the healthiest you’ve ever been. Imagine how you want to look and feel. Create an image in your mind of achieving all your goals and celebrating! When you take the time to visualize what you really want, it makes it much easier to attain it.
- Mindset:Attitude and mindset is everything. Believe that you can accomplish your goals. Commit yourself to see it through. Make the decision to succeed and remind yourself everyday what your reasons are for doing this.
- Schedule Workouts into Your Calendar: The only way to stick to a new routine is by prioritizing your workouts and adding them into your calendar and setting alerts to remind yourself to go. Make them non-negotiable.
- Get a Fitness Buddy: Working out is much more fun when you do it with a friend. Find someone who has similar fitness and weight-loss goals. Keep each other accountable to doing the workouts and sticking with a regular schedule.
- Create Meal Plans:Work with a nutritionist to come up with realistic meal plans to support your fitness goals. It’s much easier to stay on track when you get organized and plan out your meals in advance.
- Find Balance:Remember that moderation and balance is key to success. Eat healthy 90% of the time, but don’t deny yourself that piece of cake at the birthday party. Balance out your food and don’t beat yourself up for slipping. Just get right back up again!